This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and The Maryam Lemu Marriage Academy, the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"Account": means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
"Content": means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
"Cookie": means a small text file placed on your computer by The Maryam Lemu Marriage Academy Ltd when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site.
"Data": means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address, account details and any other information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
"The Maryam Lemu Marriage Academy": means The Maryam Lemu Marriage Academy,
"Service": means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that The Maryam Lemu Marriage Academy makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
"System": means any online communications infrastructure that The Maryam Lemu Marriage Academy makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
"User" / "Users": means any third party that accesses the Web Site including, but not limited to, a learner that enrolls to a course, any that signs up to the platform whether enrolled to a course or not; and
"Website": means the website that you are currently using (www.maryamlemu.com) and any sub-domains of this site that the owner may use from time to time.
2. Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- 2.1 name;
- 2.2 date of birth;
- 2.3 job title & profession;
- 2.4 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 2.5 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 2.6 financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- 2.7 IP address (automatically collected);
- 2.8 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 2.9 operating system (automatically collected);
- 2.10 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- 2.11 Cookie information (see Clause 10 below).
3. Our Use of Data
- 3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by The Maryam Lemu Marriage Academy for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to one year.
- 3.2 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. To better serve you, we may share your data with other companies within our group.
- 3.3 All personal Data is stored securely. For more details on security, see Clause 9 below.
- 3.4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- 3.4.1 internal record keeping;
- 3.4.2 improvement of our products / services;
- 3.4.3 transmission by email, SMS, WhatsApp, and other medium of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- 3.4.4 contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
- 3.4.5 To enable us to supply you with the goods, services and information you have requested through our website
- 3.4.6 To ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- 3.4.7 maintain a contract we have with you, such as a course application form or any other service you wish to access
- 3.4.8 Notify you about changes to our service
- 3.4.9 For additional information on our approach to data protection
In order to administer, support, improve and develop our website we do analyse some information we collect during your visit to our website. Please refer to our Cookies Policy www.maryamlemu.com/cookies for more information.
4. Third Party Web Sites and Services
The Maryam Lemu Marriage Academy may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, chatting, IT connectivity, emails, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that The Maryam Lemu Marriage Academy requests. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy.
5. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- 5.1 The Maryam Lemu Marriage Academy may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
6. Controlling Access to your Data
- 6.1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you may be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the use of Data for direct marketing purposes
7. Your Right to Withhold Information
- 7.1 You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
8. Accessing your own Data
- 8.1 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
- 8.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small fee.
9. STORAGE AND SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information you provide us is securely transmitted via our website. The information you provide is processed and encrypted securely using industry-leading encryption and fraud prevention tools to prevent unauthorized access. The length of time we keep your data will depend on the purpose for which the information was supplied.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password safe and confidential. You must not share a password with anyone.
10. PROCESSING YOUR transactions
Our website uses one of the most advanced encrypted systems on the market. Your transactions are processed and encrypted securely using industry-leading encryption and fraud prevention tools. All our partners and third party payment service providers are compliant with these standards.
Data security is of great importance to The Maryam Lemu Marriage Academy and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
10. Changes to this Policy
11. Contacting Us